CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Monday, August 11, 2008

Back to School in a New Way

With my going back to school and a few other changes in our family right now, I'm sure it won't come as much of a surprise that we have enrolled the kids in public school again this year. They are unbelievably excited, although the younger two do have some hesitations about not being at home this year for school. For me it's been a bumpy journey to come to the place where I'm ready to send them. I was hoping to feel more confident about this decision, but I'm not. I know they will be fine and that I can trust God with the results and that He cares for them infinitely more that I could ever. However, I have a passion for their education that makes me more than a little concerned over what they will receive while attending public school. So, prayers are much coveted during this time of transition for us. My prayers for them are that they will take with them the conscience that we have taught them with God's spirit guiding their choices.
Nevertheless, today was a very exciting and happy day for the Hunter clan as Mo began 2nd grade and Mijo started 5th! They love their teachers and have reunited with some old friends as well as started laying down the bridgework for some new ones. I'm looking forward to knowing their teachers and friends better as well as helping in their classrooms, but I'm not sure how to handle all the time at home while they are at school. Do I finish my curtains first, catch up on some reading, finish my quilt, or take a nap?!?!?! LOL=)

1 comments:

Heather said...

Praying for you Nicki...I'm SO there on all fronts.

I'd still love to catch up sometime. I have some gut feelings about your "other" changes. Know that you ARE being lifted up.

Love,
Heather